Saturday, June 26, 2010

Checklist for Parents.



I came across a parenting checklist recently. It asked me to identify the things I want most for my children and how can I help them get there. BAM: I picked off two without hesitation..but I did not feel done. So I filled in the "other" option and wrote, "I want them to be mothers." I felt a little selfish..but reconciled this with the fact that this has nothing to do with wanting grandchildren (I am not there yet) but more to do with wanting them to know how much they are loved. People told me that the depth of my love for them will surprise me. It did not. What really knocked me off my feet was how much I was loved by my parents. I never doubted this, you see, I just did not know how far this love reached. It's depth is unmeasurable.

No comments:

Post a Comment