Friday, May 28, 2010

Pondering.




A few years ago I sat watching a little boy attempt to climb a tree. His first few rushinandattempt to scale it were unsuccessful. Then he got it. He took a few steps back and studied the tree. He walked around it a few times and pulled on a few of the lower branches. Then he did it. This kid really impressed me and taught me a lesson. I have had the tendency to give up if something looks too challenging. When I first considered this photography business the thought of everything I would have to learn overwhelmed me. Then I remembered the boy. I took a step back, walked around a bit. My travels led me to mentors, teachers and images that take my breath away. I am thisclose to my tree and my shutter finger is at the ready.

(yes, I know rush-in-and-attempt is jumbled together ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment